Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0553
THE KERALA PANCHAYAT RAJ (USING OF DE FACSIMILE STAMP OF SIGNATURE OF PRESIDENT AND SECRETARY) RULES, 1996
S.R.O.No. 93/96.-In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (xxvi) of sub-section (2) of Section 254 of the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (13 of 1994), the Government of Kerala hereby make the following Rules, namely:
1. Short title and commencement.-
(1) These rules may be called the Kerala Panchayat Raj (Using of Facsimile Stamp of Signature of President and Secretary) Rules, 1996.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,(a) 'Act' means the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (13 of 1994); (b) 'Panchayat means a Village Panchayat, a Block Panchayat or a District Panchayat;
(c) 'President' means the President of a Village Panchayat or Block Panchayat or District Panchayat, as the case may be;
(d) 'Secretary' means the Secretary of a Village Panchayat or a Block Panchayat or a District Panchayat as the case may be;
3. Affixing of facsimile stamp of signature of the President or the Secretary.-
(1) lf: there is a provision that the licence, permission, notice, bill, schedule, summons or any such document or deed issued under the Act or any rule or bye-law made thereunder shall bear the signature of the President or the Secretary, affixing of the facsimile stamp of signature of the President or the Secretary shall be deemed to be sufficient signing of such document or deed by the President or the Secretary bu (2) Nothing provided in sub-rule (1) shall apply to cheques for withdrawing Panchayat fund, . or contract agreements or deeds made for the Panchayat. (3) The President and the Secretary shall keep their respective facsimile seal of signature and avoid its misuse. Explanatory Note (This does not form part of the Notification., but is intended to indicate its general purpose.) Clause (xxvi) of sub-section (2) of Section 254 of the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (13 of 1994) empowers the Government to make rules regarding the use of facsimile stamp signature of the President and the Secretary. Government have decided to make rules accordingly. This Notification is intended to achieve the above purpose.