Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0519
(iv) the name, age, occupation and residence of the applicant; (v) the nature and extent of ownership of the applicant over the land; and
(vi) in the case of an existing cart stand, the period for which the place is being used as cart stand.
(2) In case it is proposed to open cattle stands as an accessory to cart stands, a sketch showing the site, structures, entrances, passages, gates, drainages and the location of existing or proposed latrines or urinals, shall be attached along with the application.
(3) The applicant or applicants shall, along with the application for licence to open new cart stand deposit the amount required by the Secretary for the expenses of publication charges of the notification regarding the establishment of the cart stand and the applications which are not accompanied by such deposit shall not be accompanied by such deposit shall not be considered.
- 1 23. The Village Panchayat to dispose of applications for licence.—
- 2 24. Licence to expire at the end of the financial year.—
- 3 26. Licence to carry out the orders of the Secretary.
- 4 27. Rate of fee for private cart stands
- 5 29. Certain rules relating to public cart stands to apply to private cart stands.
- 6 30. Penalty for breach of rules.-
23. The Village Panchayat to dispose of applications for licence.—
The Village Panchayat shall dispose of all applications to open private cart stands: Provided that the Village Panchayat shall obtain previous sanction of the Regional Transport Authority before sanctioning a private cart stand for motor vehicles. The licence shall be issued in the form appended to these rules.
24. Licence to expire at the end of the financial year.—
Every licence granted under these rules shall expire at the end of the financial year for which the licence has been granted. 25. Licence fee.- (1) The Village Panchayat shall fix the fee for granting of new licence, subject to the maximum amount provided in sub-section (5) of Section 228. (2) The fee for renewal of licence shall be the same amount as that for an original licence.
26. Licence to carry out the orders of the Secretary.
The Licensee of a private cart stand shall carry out all orders issued to him in writing, with the permission of Village Panchayat, by the Secretary or the person authorised by him.
27. Rate of fee for private cart stands
.— The fee for private cart stand shall not exceed the rate fixed by the Village Panchayat under Rule 9. 28. Responsibility of licensee for violation of conditions. — The licensee of a private cart stand shall be responsible for the violation of any condition of the licence by his agent, lessee or servant.
29. Certain rules relating to public cart stands to apply to private cart stands.
Rules 15 to 18 in these rules shall be applicable to private cart stands also.
30. Penalty for breach of rules.-
Any person violating or abetting the violation of Rules 16, 17, 26 and 27 shall, on conviction by a Magistrate, be liable to pay a fine not exceeding fifty rupees and if the breach is continued, be liable to pay additional fine of Rupees ten for each such day.
Permission is hereby granted to Shri/Smt ............................................ (here entername)..........................(here enter address; for opening a Private cart stand in...............(hereenter area of land) comprised in Survey Number ................................ of..................
.................. Village (here enter name of revenue village) in ....................... Panchayat (here enter name of Village Panchayat) on advance remittance of Rupees....................as licence fee, subject to the rules made under Section 228 of the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (13 of 1994).