Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0292
(4) It shall be incumbent on the owners and occupiers of all premises to cause all domestic waste, trade waste, Institutional waste, dusts, ashes, refuse, rubbish etc. to be collected from their respective premises and to be deposited in the public receptacle depot or place provided for the temporary deposit of wastes at such time as the secretary may, by public notice from time to time, specify or hand over the waste to the persons engaged or identified by the Village Panchayat for the purpose.
219C. Contract with owner or occupier for removal of rubbish or filth.- The Secretary may enter into contract with the owner or occupier of any premises to remove rubbish or filth from such premises on such terms and conditions as is deemed expedient to the Secretary and on payment of fees at such rates as the Village Panchayat determines from time to time.
219D. Introduction of house to house collection of rubbish. - (1) The Secretary may, with the sanction of the Village Panchayat introduce in the Village Panchayat area or part thereof house to house collection of rubbish and other offensive matter for which he may publish from time to time an order specifying the hours within which the occupier of any house or premises or land may place rubbish or offensive matter adjacent to his house, premises or land as may be specified by the secretary, in a proper receptacle provided by the Village Panchayat or in a receptacle of the size and type as may be specified by the Secretary in the order that such rubbish or offensive matter may be removed by the employees of the Village Panchayat or by the contractors who may be engaged by the Village Panchayat for this purpose.
(2) No person shall place rubbish or offensive matter on a public street at the time other than the time specified by the Secretary and except in the receptacle provided or specified under sub-section (1).
219E. Rubbish and other solid waste shall be the property of the Village Panchayat.— Rubbish and other solid waste collected by the employees or contractors of the Village Panchayat and the carcasses deposited in any public receptacles, depots or place shall be the property of the Village Panchayat and the Village Panchayat may dispose of the same by auction or other wise.
219F. Provisions for the final disposal of solid waste.- (1) Every Village Panchayat shall identify and notify suitable places within or outside the Village Panchayat area for the purpose of final disposal of waste.
(2) While notifying the land under sub-section (1) health and environmental aspects shall be taken into consideration by the Village Panchayat.
(3) Every Village Panchayat may make adequate arrangements for the utilisation of solid wastes for the preparation of compost and the disposal of it by sale.
(4) Where composting of waste is not found possible or practicable sanitary landfill methods shall be adopted for the disposal of waste at the landfill sites in the manner specified by the Village Panchayat.
(5) Incineration of waste may be resorted to by the Village Panchayat for the disposal of infectious waste rejected from the hospitals, nursing homes or health care centres and non industrial hazardous waste as specified by the Village Panchayat from time to time.