Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0291
as may be reasonable in the circumstances of the case and it shall be incumbent on such person to make such contribution. If such person fails to pay the contribution within such time as may be prescribed the amount shall be recoverable as an arrear of public revenue due on land.
72[219A. Village Panchayat to arrange for the removal of rubbish, solid wastes and filth.— (1) Every Village Panchayat shall make adequate arrangements for
- (a) the regular sweeping and cleaning of the roads and removal of sweepings therefrom;
- (b) the daily removal of the filth and the carcasses of animals from private premises;
- (c) removal and burial of unclaimed dead bodies under intimation to the police;
- (d) the removal of solid wastes;
- (e) the daily removal of rubbish from dustbins and private premises and with this object, it shall provide
- (i) depots, receptacles and places for the deposit of filth, rubbish and the carcasses of animals;
- (ii) covered vehicles and vessels for the removal of filth;
- (iii) vehicles or other suitable means for the removal of the carcasses of large animals and rubbish; and
- (iv) dustbins, receptacles and places for the temporary deposit of domestic waste, dust, ashes, refuse, offensive matter, trade refuse, institutional refuse, carcasses of animals.
(2) The Secretary shall make adequate provision for preventing the depots, place receptacles, dust bins, vehicles and vessels referred to in sub-section (1) from becoming sources of nuisance.
(3) A Village Panchayat may contract out any part or the whole process of collection and disposal of solid waste from the public or private premises.
219B. Duty of owners and occupiers for collection and deposit of rubbish and solid waste.- (1) It shall be the duty of the owners of all premises to provide receptacle of the size specified by the secretary for the purpose of collection of domestic waste, trade waste, institutional waste, dust, ashes, refuse and decayed matters generated from such premises.
(2) Such receptacles shall, at all times, be kept in good condition and shall be provided in such number and at such places as the secretary may, from time to time by written notice direct.
(3) The Secretary may, by public notice direct the owners or occupiers or all premises to segregate the waste generated from such premises for easy management and disposal of such waste by the employees or contractors engaged by the Village Panchayat.