Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0288
216. Contribution to the expenditure by other Local Self Government Institutions.- If the expenditure incurred by the Government or by any other Panchayat or by any other Local Self Government Institutions in the State for any purpose authorised by or under this Act, is such as to benefit the inhabitants of the Panchayat area, the Panchayat may 71[make a contribution towards such expenditure.]
217. Recovery of loans and advances made by Government.- (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Kerala Local Authorities Loans Act, 1963, the Government may, by order, direct any person having custody of the funds of the Panchayat to pay to them in priority to any other charges against such fund, except charges for the service of authorised loans, any loan or advance made by them to the Panchayat for any purpose to which its funds may be applied under this Act.
(2) The person to whom the order referred to in sub-section (1) is addressed shall be bound to comply with such order.
218. Vesting of water course, springs, reservoirs, etc., in Village Panchayats.- (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Kerala Land Conservancy Act, 1957 (8 of 1958) or in any other law for the time being in force, all public water courses (other than rivers passing through more areas, than the panchayat area which the Government may, by notification in the Gazette, specify), the beds and banks of rivers, streams, irrigation and drainage channels, canals, lakes, back waters and water courses and all standing and flowing water, springs, reservoirs, tanks, cisterns, fountains, wells, kappus, chals, stand pipes and other water works including those used by the public to such an extent as to give a prescriptive right to their use whether existing at the commencement of this Act or afterwards made, laid or erected and whether made, laid or erected at the cost of the panchayat or otherwise, and also any adjacent land, not being private property appertaining thereto shall stand transferred to, and vest absolutely in the Village Panchayat:
Provided that nothing contained in this sub-section shall apply to any work which is, or is connected with, a work or irrigation or to any adjacent land appertaining to any such work.
(2) Subject to the provisions of this Act, all rights and liabilities of the Government in relation to the water courses, springs, reservoirs, tanks, cisterns, fountains, wells, kappus, chals, stand pipes and other water works vested in the Village Panchayat under subsection (1) shall from the date of such vesting, be the rights and liabilities of the Village Panchayat.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1) or sub-section (2), the Government may, by notification in the Gazette, assume the administration of any public source of water supply and public land adjacent and appertaining thereto after consulting the Village Panchayat and giving due regard to its objection, if any.